Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stonehendge and Buckingham Palace

During changing of the guards, the Queen had some guests fly in on a helicopter and then they took a carage ride around her property. This was a very awesome experience. I would have loved it even better if the Queen would have taken a ride with her guests. Just knowing that she was home made it really special.

We took a lot of pictures and just couldn't figure out which pictures expressed how amazing all this was. I might post more later on.

Trafalgar Square

This was a boat tour of London

On our road trip to Stonehenge, Devin got to eat some Thai food and claimed it was the exact thing he us to eat in Thailand almost everyday. The kids all loved the food and actually wanted more. We also saw a very beautiful Cathedral in Salisbury but have to go back and upload those pictures. (We got to see the real Magna Carta but pictures were not allowed) 

A beautiful castle, hate to mention it but this might have been one of my favorite spots. I love just wondering how life was for these people and knowing that they once lived here and fought to protect their home made it so intriguing. (I think this was the kids favorite place as well. They ran through this castle pretending and imagining every fairytale. Laila was concerned that she might not be able to get out of the dungeon if they put her in there so she made sure not to be thrown into the dungeon) It really had the most amazing views. Very happy Colby and Mindi were able to find little stops like these!






Finally we arrived at Stonehenge, it was such a cold day and super windy so the girls were wearing their pajamas and every other piece of clothing we brought. I think we all would have been able to enjoy it more if it was a little bit warmer.


I had a bad hair day every day I was in London.

Their they are, looking so still in the crazy wind!

1 comment:

  1. How neat that you got to take your family to England! I would love to go there. I hope all is well with your family. I bet Devin is done with school by now; I bet that is a relief.

    ReplyDelete