Sunday, May 22, 2011

New HOBBY

One of my most favorite things to do when I have some extra time is look at DIY projects. I love finding new blogs to follow. I am grateful for people who are crafty and are willing to show off their projects. I have been inspired in so many ways. I have so many new things I want to try and so many things I am thinking about creating or sewing. The down fall to this new hobby is: not having the extra time to follow through with my ideas, the space needed to bring out all my tools or not having the materials to do them with. I do love the fact that most things can be easy to make and they can be affordable.
 Here is a picture of the first dress I have ever made. I chose the pink fabric because it was cheap and I didn't know if it was going to turn out. The black fabric was from on old skirt i had. I put them together and here it is.




My favorite part is that Natalia asks if she can wear it everyday. The smile on her face will keep me wanting to sew more.
IF YOU GUYS ARE GETTING RID OF ANY OLD TIES OR DOILIES I WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE THEM OFF YOUR HANDS!

3 comments:

  1. Maury I know exactly how you feel! I love to sew too, but patterns and fabric are expensive and these projects take time. The dress turned out beautifully! I've always wanted to make one myself. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress! Natalia looks like she is in heaven. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Braidy, by the way, I am using my sister's computer.

    ReplyDelete